The mind has a mind of its own.


"Sync up with the now."

This was the mantra for day 12 of the 31 day yoga challenge I am taking part in this month, and although I've moved on to newer practices, I can't get it out of my head.

I'm finding this aspect of yoga - being fully present - a little difficult these days. There's just so much going on. 

Life stuff, family stuff, home stuff, work stuff, work stuff, work stuff.

I found myself awake at 3am the other day, for reasons unknown, and unable to fall back to sleep.

"Clear your thoughts!" My self command, punctuated by a heavy exhale. "Clear your thoughts. Relax your muscles. Find ease. Nothing matters now." Only to realize two minutes later that the wheels had begun to churn again.

It's a constant battle, for some of us anyway, to control the mind. 

Yoga can do wonders and has helped me to focus my attention over time, but even that seems to be no match for my industrious brain these days.

So whir on, inner cogs. I won't fight you. That won't help. 
I will accept you, silently, recognize you, and then encourage you along. Determined in my pursuit of ease and peace and a quiet mind.


- A -






Comments

Popular Posts