Out West.

View of Bristol's harbor side from the M shed

If I could live anywhere in England, it would be Bristol. Situated near the west coast of the country, Bristol has all the bustle and diversity you would expect of a city, but with a relaxed vibe more often associated with a beach town. In many ways it reminds me of Ann Arbor - what with the vast array of cultural attractions and plethora of university students - though it is, obviously, much bigger and therefore, maybe even better than my hometown. Imagine, if you will, moored boats doubling as floating pubs and rolling hills that allow spectacular views of the city and the surrounding countryside. Despite being badly damaged during WWII, Bristol has retained and restored much of its history. I fully recommend the Pirate Walks to anyone looking for a unique, albeit slightly cheesy, tourist activity.

It's been almost a year since we've visited Bristol and I don't think I realized how much I really missed it, but I will definitely make sure not to let so much time pass before going back again.

Old-school bus at one of Bristol's free museums.

Top of the M shed.
Leaving Wells Cathedral - a short bus ride from the city.
A 14th Century street in Wells - decked out for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Beautiful view of the suspension bridge over the gorge, from a pub in Clifton.

Sorry these pictures aren't the best quality. I was trying to keep my luggage light, so I only had my camera phone. I'll try to post some better photos from an older trip soon.

I hope that the weather is starting to look like summer wherever you are!

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts