Can't stop listening!

It's been a gray, drizzly week here in Hertford. This kind of weather makes travelling to work in the morning a bit more miserable, but it also makes the warmth of 37d even more inviting. It also frees up a lot of time for snuggling, sipping hot drinks, reading, watching movies and listening to music. 

Anyone who knows me, knows that my musical tastes are about as varied as they can be while still belonging to just one person. I have favourites from just about every genre and, furthermore, I have a profound respect for anyone who makes music of any kind - simply because I think that the passion that is required for this is immense and inspiring.

If I was to try and include EVERYTHING that I've been listening to, this post would be massive. So, I'll have to keep it to a small sample. Here's just a couple of things that have been filling my playlists, repeating on my iTunes or just generally blowing my mind:

WARNING: Some of these artists/songs/videos are not appropriate for everyone. So, please, if you are offended by certain kinds of images or language, proceed with caution. Or just feel free to move on to the next post.   



This is Karmin. Maybe you've heard of them by now. They're mostly known for their covers and this is the most well-known one, but....it's awesome.


Iggy Azalea is a rapper from Australia. This video is one of the more tame examples of her work. Ok, maybe it's the ONLY tame example of her work. But, there is just something about her that has got me putting her videos on repeat. There is one, in particular, that is extremely explicit (and will not be named here) that just baffles and amazes me all at the same time. Please do yourself a favor and explore some of her other stuff, because she is nuts!

 

Bachaco - Cumbia 'Pa La Nena. A little Latin flavour to get the booty going. Not gonna lie - got it from my Zumba instructor. Please ignore the silly images that this person felt the need to post with the song.

 

Seriously. Get it girl. I like the live performance even better than the new video for the song.


Incorporated this song into SO many playlists lately. Plus, any excuse to hear/see Weezy. Even just his laugh makes me go weak at the knees.

Alright. I think that has to be it for now. Like I said, this is only a tiny sample (very one-sided now that I look at it) of what's been blaring out of the windows on West Street in recent times. Maybe you've heard all of it, maybe you haven't. Maybe you've been experiencing some music/artist/video obsessions of your own? Please feel free to share if you have. The more music the better, in my opinion.

Love and good tunes!

Comments

Popular Posts