A Christmas Snapshot: New Year's Eve


It's been a rollercoaster of a week, filled with joy and chaos and stress and family and the double emotional onslaught of a magical Christmas and a first birthday. After almost ten days of catering and late nights and entertaining visitors, the house is finally empty. All I want to do is collapse and relax and sleep and put everything back into it's rightful place, but it's New Year's Eve and there's a gathering to get to and only three hours left to do all of the packing and preparation and I haven't even had a shower yet and my one-year-old (MY ONE-YEAR-OLD) who has been nipping at my heels all morning and whining for my constant attention is now slowly and methodically removing both of her socks and undoing the only thing that I have been able to accomplish today - getting her dressed.

Comments

Popular Posts