Currently reading - A break from books.



My favorite. Thanks Mom!



Back when school started, in September, I set a goal for myself to make more time for reading.

I was a voracious reader growing up - something of a Rory Gilmore, always a book on the go - but as I got older and my academic agenda became more demanding something had to give and reading for pleasure fell to the bottom of the priority list.

I hoped that when I wasn't bogged down by books relating to my studies, I would have more time and and an increased desire to return to reading as a daily habit but, sadly, the working world has proved to be just as draining as the world of education.

So, I made a goal - and so far I feel like I'm achieving it. I have been pushing myself to choose reading over other, more mindless activities and have made it through a fair few books this autumn. Every once in a while, though, when things get crazy, I just feel the need to put down the book and pick up something a little more relaxed.

So, here it is. What I am currently reading - a big ol' stack of magazines - mostly Real Simple magazines that my mom saved up for me over the past few months since they don't sell them in the UK.

The perfect indulgence :)


Love.

Comments

Popular Posts