A memory, a hope, and some vows.

Summer fields.



Almost a month since I have posted anything here! 

Naughty.

And not even a traveling holiday to blame it on. Just pure, ol' fashioned busyness and life getting in the way, as per usual.

So, what has happened since then?

Well, I officially saw my Year 11s out in style - first with a fabulous prom (if I do say so myself) and then with a fun and emotionally charged Leavers Day celebration, which involved not enough brownies to satisfy 60 teenagers, one million selfies, and a speech during which I just barely managed not to cry. [That was my own, by the way, and I am not good at crying and speaking at the same time...or looking cute....it would not have been good...]


#notme #itsokhanna


In the midst of all of that I was starting to work with the group that I will be taking on next year, when they go into Year 8. It's been a pretty quick transition during which I have already had the opportunity to meet quite a few parents, accompany some of them on a field trip, and hand out multiple detentions and reports for misbehavior (give me strength). 

Funnily enough, I seem to get these looks of pity any time I confirm that I will be working with this group next year. I know that they have a bit of a reputation around the school already, but really, it's not all that bad. 





I have known for a while now that I would probably be taking these guys on, so I have been getting to know as many of them as possible over the last couple of months and really, I like them. I definitely anticipate new challenges and a reasonable amount of stress, but I'm looking forward to working with them and really having a chance to help mold them into little citizens of society. I am hopeful.


In non-school news (because I swear I really do have a life outside of my job) this gorgeous pair got married last weekend! 





Their sweet ceremony took place in the quaintest, little village church, which just also happens to be (get this) the final resting place of one Dame Agatha Christie.

They went to town with the reception which was 1000% them and included Spanish-style tapas and Paella for dinner, a three-tier pork pie "cake" for late-night snacks, and a round of very organized, karaoke-style sing-alongs, led by a bride a groom duet.

How cute are they?!?! 







And if I thought that Leavers Day was going to be the most emotional event of the year, then boy did I have another thing coming. Guys, I cried so much! I cried at the ceremony, I cried at the speeches, heck, I welled up at the rehearsal the night before. It was an emotional day and I wasn't even the one getting married. 

People keep saying that it's once you have kids that your emotional sensitivity heightens, so i don't know what my excuse was, but I was right there with the tissues and the sniffling and the running of mascara. 

'Twas a joyous day, albeit a long one, and an adventure in a new part of the country for me. In fact, traveling for the wedding made me really excited to explore more of the UK this summer. Since we have been on a few, big vacations recently, we have decided to keep our holiday low key. There are so many places that I have yet to see, so many places that I had written off when I thought I was moving back to the states, that I jumped at the opportunity to stay local. 

We are looking forward to a few adventures and new delights, but mostly to some quiet rest and relaxation. Through it all I plan to take lots and lots of photos and to keep on building up the memories, and of course, I vow to do my best to keep posting along the way. 

[Note: I said "do my best". I don't make promises ;)]



Love 





Comments

Popular Posts