Week in review.



Let's start off 2016 with a bang, shall we? I don't know about you, but we are only one week in and I am exhausted! It is entirely possible that I have bitten off a little more than I can chew in terms of workload and goal setting for January, but after months of feeling a little bit aimless I just couldn't help myself.

Most of my ambitions revolve around the new job that I started on Monday (yeah, talk about going big in the new year). Aside from that, we have been doing some major organizational overhaul in our house - making space and simplifying our lives - so that we can save for the future, function more effectively as human beings, and also...find things. As it stands, the large suitcase and rolling carry-on that I brought with me to the UK are still serving as my dresser drawers, but we're getting there.

Finally, after the success of last year's 30 Days of Yoga challenge, I decided to up the ante and take on two personal growth challenges during this month: 1) Yoga With Adriene's newest 30-day foray, Yoga Camp and 2) The Huffington Post's Happiness Challenge. I played catch-up a bit this weekend with the yoga, as it would have been boring to start on time like everybody else. The Happiness Challenge is a bit difficult to maintain, as well, mostly because I don't usually receive the daily email until after noon (damn you 5-hour time difference) and that doesn't leave a lot of time to accomplish the day's task.

Perhaps it was a bit unnecessary for me to set myself challenges in addition to the challenges that come with things like moving across the world and starting a new job, but somehow I think it is actually helping to keep me on track. Filling my days up with a million little tasks has actually made getting them all done a lot easier because I don't have the time to get lost in a sedentary haze. Maybe this motivation won't last forever, but it seems to be working for now.

How was your week?


Love.








Comments

Popular Posts